Sometimes incision hurts a little more

I am a week post partum, is it normal that there are times when incision doesnt hurt much and there are times when incision hurts more randomly ? Even with painkiller. Altho i did nothing strenuous or lift anything heavy. The pain kind of comes and goes. The feeling is like the incision is being stretched or feel like its opening back, altho its not

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal. For me it hurts randomly and when you least expect it. Sometimes when I’m doing bigger actions like stretching etc I was expecting my wound to hurt but it didn’t. But then sometimes I’m not even moving. Maybe just sit down for too long then it starts to hurt abit (although it didn’t at the start). Sometimes I wonder if it is psychological. I’m also still on mild painkillers.

Read more

I’m a C-section mom too. You need to understand that it’s a wound. You can’t expect to feel nothing at all right? Time will heal. Your gynae will check on it on your next visit.

Yes because ur nerve was being cut too. It will slowly regain in the next 6 months.