Nursing Pillow

Hola mommies...Is it necesarry for having nursing pillow? If yes, which one is better to have nursing pillow cause lots of design (u shape and foldable)? Thanks a lot?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Nothing is absolutely necessary.. heh. But for me, the nursing cushion has been life changing. I breastfeed while seated on the sofa, and the arm rest is beside me, so I place the nursing cushion on me, with one side resting on the arm rest, and the other side propped up on some cushions. I place baby on the cushion, latch on and that’s it! I’m hands free! Maybe for the first few weeks, I needed to use one hand to still support the head nicely since baby was learning how to drink, but thereafter, I had 2 hands free while breastfeeding and could shop online, or eat, or watch a show, etc. Because the nursing cushion I used is curved, baby is nicely nestled in and can’t roll out when she’s younger (now she can at 8 months, but she also feeds a lot faster). So I could actually even nap while feeding too, since the head is positioned safely. I propped my legs up on a leg rest for extra stability, and the cushion or baby never slid off. As for my older daughter, she’s 4yo, but uses her old nursing cushion as a pillow in her playpen. Heh. So in my case, the money was well spent. My younger daughter got her own. Shopee has decent ones for $20-30+. It’s really up to you as to whether you want to get a nursing cushion, and also depends on how you will be breastfeeding:) I don’t co-sleep, so I breastfed on the sofa, and this helped me immensely.

Read more
Post reply image
4y trước

Wah..Thanks a lot for sharing your experience to take care of your beautiful girls, Cherlyn🤩... I hope I can handle it like you handle your girls ☺️

Thành viên VIP

I found it very useful to have a nursing pillow when breastfeeding my girl. Less strenuous for the back and arms. I bought my Puku nursing pillow for $25 at Mummy’s market last year.

Influencer của TAP

To me it's not necessary at all baby will outgrown very fast. I use small pillow and my pillow to hold my elbow easier.

4y trước

When you master latching while lying down you wont want to sit and latch already too haha

Thành viên VIP

It was just easier having it to hold the baby up so the hands are not tired.

Thành viên VIP

I didn't buy any, just used a normal pillow to prop LO up

4y trước

Cool...I’ll try use normal pillow first.. Thanks Mommy of Baby K 😊

Influencer của TAP

I like my brest friend. Been using it for 9months

4y trước

Great..Thanks Burrito’s mommy 😊

It is good to have but not really necessary

Thành viên VIP

nope not necessary but it can be useful

Not necessary but good to have