Hi everyone, have you used cerelac rice cereal? Is it a good brand for baby who is just starting solids?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Nestle Cerelac is a known household name and a lot of mommies introduce this to their babies for their first solid food experience. It has all the essential minerals and nutrients needed for baby's growth etc and while it has worked well for so many families, I do know of a mom who stopped using Cerelac because her son would get bouts of constipation and gassiness. Ultimately she stopped rice cereals in general and introduced baby to fruit and vegetable purees.

Read more

I tried Nestle Cerelac myself & I found it sweet. So I give Healthy times or Hipp which is not so sweet. Since our babies are growing teeth so I will not let my baby have too much sugar food until 18mths & above. U can also make your own purée (eg pumpkin, carrot, spinach) to test baby allergy as well to add in more fine grind porridge. For your reference: http://cdn2-www.wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/assets/uploads/2015/04/solidschart2_650.jpg

Read more

I have been using cerelac for baby breakfast - but I using the brown rice and milk version which baby prefers and no need to add milk. I find the rice cereal too watery (base on the sample packs that I received) I occasionally give other random brands cereal - whatever I can buy off the shelf for bf or when I am outside and need to feed baby. Baby's regular lunch n dinner still mainly different fruits/vegetables

Read more

It is a household brand. I had it when i was young too. I tried giving my son for a couple of times, he didnt really enjoy it. But he still eats it, that is until i started him on porridge which he prefers. I think its because it is really sweet. My mom feeds his HIPP brand at her place, he seems to take that better.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

There is another source which a lot of mummies are using too, from iherb.com . Pictures is for your reference. It's organic somemore. And it's not as sweet as the non-organic one. You can key this code "DQC001" for 1st time discount too. Aboves $50+ got free shipping too. Can get other gerber puff or yogurt melt too.

Read more
Post reply image

A good guideline is to check the ingredients to ensure no sugar. I seldom give those rice cereals cos I prefer to give more fruit and vegetables. U can prepare fruit and veggies purees for a start. I bought the Avent 4-in-1 food processor .. Very convenient :)

I recently started using Friso cereal and since my baby drink friso i thought its just perfect combi as the taste will be quite similarhttps://shop.friso.com.sg/english/friso-gold-cereal/friso-gold-cereal-rice-300g-2-tin-bundle.html

Cerelac is a good option. It has flavours too. Whereas you can also give a try for Friso cereal - it comes in vanilla flavour and babies love it. Before sticking to one, try a couple and find out which one ur baby loves.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-6882)

I've been giving that to my baby mixed with formula milk for additional nutrient. So far, she likes it. It's a bit sweet but I add in pureed vegetables with it or dip steamed veggies in it and she will self feed.