Stressed being FTM

Has anyone ever feel so stressed and realised youre not ready for parenthood? It been less than a week and i underestimated motherhood and feel so useless and helpless when baby cries. sometimes it suddenly hit me i will be having this commitment for the rest of my life and i realised how much of a responsibility that is. it scares me and i feel so alone. how do i cope with this fear. does anyone feel that way? will it get easier?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mama, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed by what’s coming up ahead for you. Now, take a deep breathe, take it slowly, one step at a time. Don’t think about what that hasn’t happen, go with the flow. I used to stress over things that haven’t happen and I break down so often over it but when the time comes when I need to take care of baby alone, I was so busy I didn’t have time to think. It became a routine now, I understand my baby more, I accepted that my life is gonna revolve around this little human for at least the next 16 years, I started to come to terms with myself. Go meet up with your friends, have a nice high tea, shopping, do manicure or even a nice spa. I haven’t had time out alone for close to a year, I’ve been with my baby 24/7 and I’m the sole caretaker. My current stress is, what to cook tomorrow for my baby (I’m a noob cook haha!), so trust me, it will get better and easier. 😊

Read more