Old wives tale?

My grandma doesn't allow me to take photo of my baby when she is sleeping. Reason was because 1. The soul leaves the body when baby is sleeping. 2. Baby will be 'mentally' slow in the future. I don't believe in such things. But I don't want to go against her. So I just kept quiet. Just curious... Anyone believe such things?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

My mom also said #1 too! She also said cannot kiss baby when lo is sleeping. (Will cry nonstop or cry over little things, smth like that ) I heard that it’s the same as during wee hours u don’t take photos Infront of mirror or baby sleeps near the window(facing). I’m curious too. I was thinking perhaps in the olden days some moms didn’t know n experienced it. That’s how they see e differences? So I don’t do it Infront of her. In the room , I secretly took pics Hahahaha.

Read more

I don’t really believe as you see a lot of baby photos online and almost all of those tiny babies are sleeping in the photos but does that mean all of them have no souls or grow slow? However, not telling you to argue with your elders but just avoid taking photos when they’re around.

Super Mom

This belief dated back to the 1940s when photography was still new and there was many issues on exposure of the film giving a image which isn’t clear or have some wavy lines around it... looked as though tthere’s ghost behind the person...

Super Mom

Wow... never heard of that. I have plenty of sleeping baby pics. Haha. So far, my toddler, who’s old enough for me to see her mental capacity, is certainly not slow 😂 She’s witty, too. Heh.

Thành viên VIP

Absolute nonsense. But i know old people are set in their ways and hard to change their mind. Just don't do it in front of them and don't show them the sleeping baby photos.

Super Mom

Heard of that before.. About the soul coming out.. But that was because last time people don't have camera phone and can only use camera with flashlight to take photo..

Thành viên VIP

Hmm .. all r grandmas stories .. just there is no proof for such so just it’s up to u listen or not .. Tc

Hey, These are just tales and best would be to just listen and not think about it

I don't believe in any superstitious 🤣 But just nod your head and agree hahah

Yes my auntie told me also but I just ignore anything with no sensible reason.