MIL can't keep it to herself

Just got pregnant again after a miscarriage earlier this year. And I am super paranoid about everything. Already told my MIL not to let anyone know in case something happens again, and also because I am a very private person. And she ACTUALLY shared the same sentiments. But few days later the news has already spread through the entire extended family. And I have not even passed the first trimester yet. Do I have the right to be pissed? I feel as though I'm about to explode already. #rants

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same thing happened to me last yr. Mine wasn't a happy pregnancy cos my in-laws weren't happy for me (not my 1st pregnancy) and my sil whispered unpleasant things to me when she got to know of the news. Miscarried about a mth later and I was so bloody pissed at them all, I feel like I wanna F the sil when she said sorry when I posted about my grief. 1 yr later, I got pregnant again and I told the husband not to tell anyone yet as I'm afraid it will happen again. I havent visited my in laws since the cb have been lifted cos I dont feel like to and they kept asking about me when my husband visited them so he told them the news. It was nearing to my 2nd trimester but I feel good that I did not have to see their expressions cos I will be reminded of what happened last yr. My mil is also very nosy so I'm guessing the news now have spread to their relatives as well I've decided to distance myself from them. I hid my instagram stories from my in-laws although I didn't post anything about my pregnancy cos I prefer it to be private. I only think of my mental health state which is more important than them.

Read more

My MIL can’t keep to herself too!! Arghhhh I am also quite a private person. I understand that elders are happy and want to be boostful. My husband even told her not to share the news since it’s still within first trimester (though he told me his mother will keep it to herself but who knows). The next moment was the whole family knew about it already (not surprised if her friends know too). I was pissed off. Super pissed. My MIL EVEN TOLD ME NOT TO GO AROUND SHARING YET SINCE IT’S STILL WITHIN FIRST TRIMESTER. Angryyyy max. The right thing I did was to agree to him sharing only slightly nearing end of the first trimester. So I learnt my lesson, never share anything with PIL unless I want the whole world to know.

Read more

for me it's my mother. she told us off when i had a mc because we shared the news with our friends. when we got pregnant again she warned us not to tell anyone so we followed suit. however during a family gathering it seemed that everyone knew I was pregnant. then I saw mother going around from people to people and share the news. OK this i endure. what's more annoying was when my baby was born she came to watch me breastfeed. and the next few days I could hear her call many random people that I have inverted nipples. that's the ultimatum sia

Read more
4y trước

wah this one i feel dulan for you sia

I would be pissed too cause it’s your news to share, not hers. Most importantly, don’t stress over what has happened. Think positive and take good care of yourself & baby in the womb :)

my MIL also same! herself told me dont share bb birth timing to other ppl including my own family members (due to fengshui) but the nxt moments her own share the news to her relatives.. angry max 😡

4y trước

Wow that's really unfair to not share with your family members but hers only. I will be freaking mad too!

I didn’t trust my husband’s family for keeping things to themselves. So I told my hubby to keep it low profile until past 1st trimester .

Ignore, that's the best thing to do now. No need to entertain nor be stressed over what has been. Focus on yourself, be positive, be happy.

Super Mom

Yes you are right to be angry but don’t hold the anger for long. Cannot undo this now. Hope you have a smooth pregnancy.

I was pissed with my FIL when he shared the news with his coffeeshop drinking friends. Hate it when he’s so boastful..

Hugs! Sounds very upsetting when you've explicitly made a request and it wasn't respected. I would be unhappy too.