liver enzymes levels are deranged

just got back home from kkh today with news that imma go into labor on 20th September.. shared news with family and friends all happy UNTIL doctor called me regarding my blood test.. and said that i have to return to the hospital to get admitted due to deranged liver enzymes.. i just dont know whether i should go or not.. bcs they most prolly just going to check my blood pressures.. and i think it is going to be a waste of money if that was the only case.. and i am self monitoring my blood pressure at home just fine.. its just that visits to the hospitals usually cause my bp to spike.. what should i do.. im devastated and idw to waste money being admitted just for observation.. anyone had similar experience? your feedback would surely help..#1stimemom #pleasehelp #advicepls #firstbaby #pregnancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

Hi Mama, I’ve never experienced this but from what I read, it will increase risk of maternal and fetal death. A one time spike in BP because of hospital visit does not cause elevated liver enzymes. Why don’t you call the doctor and ask if you can monitor yourself at home? Otherwise, it’s best not to risk it. If anything should happen, it’s better to already be in the hospital ya.

Read more