pregnant week 12

Go for scan baby healthy but they take blood sugar test n I positive have diabetes. I upset because I don't have it before pregnant.. What should I do?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

It is possible to have GD when you are pregnant. women with GD, natural hormones secreted by the placenta during pregnancy increase the body’s resistance to insulin. In other words, your body’s cells are not responding normally to insulin. This means that your body needs much more insulin than usual to carry out its job of helping the body’s cells to take up glucose from the bloodstream after a meal. https://sg.theasianparent.com/gestational-diabetes-in-singapore/?utm_source=search&utm_medium=app You have to change your diet meals. Healthy meals No sugary food/ drinks. No durians / banana. No carbonate drinks. White rice to brown rice. Lots of vegetables Cut down on carbs You can start now. You can ask a meal list from gynae. By 24-28 week, will need to take GD screening test. If you fail (positive GD) , you have to control your diet meals thru out till you give birth. Some women’s blood sugar levels will remain high after giving birth. These women most likely have underlying type 2 diabetes.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

It’s normal to have GDM during pregnancy. I had it for my first pregnancy. With diet control by reducing refined carbo and sugar stuff intake, u can still keep ur blood glucose level in control and have a healthy delivery.

Hi, Having diabetes during pregnancy is common. Best is to have controlled diet and keep consulting your gynae from time to time

Thành viên VIP

U have gestational diabetes.. Watch yr food intake daily.. Cut down sugary stuffs n reduce carbo

Influencer của TAP

Swimming is a safe low impact sport actually. You can try that and also maintain a healthy diet.

Thành viên VIP

This is call pregnancy diabetes I believe. Your gynae will advise on diet

Gynae will advise you on the diet. Have to control sugar

Thành viên VIP

Just have to control your diet a bit more, take care!

Thanks

Super Mom

Gestational diabetes. Have to watch what you eat and control your sugar intake