do you give sugar to kids? people are talking about giving up sugar completely, but does that apply to children too?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i think too much is being said about sugar and how it is bad for health. i feel that anything in excess is bad. same with sugar, but it is also true that sugar does have soem health benefits too. sugar contains calories that give instant energy. it is not advisable to give it at night or evening, but giving a little at the start of the day is a good idea. also, the glycolic acid in sugar can keep the skin healthy and soft.

Read more

Yes, of course. Sugar is essential for kids and for adults as well. Its just that excess of sugar isnt good. With kids you need not worry as they would play and are always active, thus burning most of the energy/calories they consume through sugar. So please make sure you do not stop or reduce the sugar you give your kid, just make sure its not too much in a day...

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Children younger than 2 years should not have any sugar. All their sugar intake should come from fruits and not processed foods. Kids older than 2 years can be given sweet treats like chocolates and sweets, but once a while and in small proportions. Typically you should give less than 25gms(six teaspoons) of sugar per day to children between the ages of 2 and 18.

Read more

if your baby is less than a year old i would suggest don't give sugar yet. for now, let your baby enjoy the natural taste of foods. after your baby turns 1, you can gradually introduce a bit of sugar but in moderation. with moderation, i mean a light sprinkle of sugar a day maybe in milk or porridge and so on. you can use honey and jaggery at other times.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Sweet cause sugar rush in kids making them hyperactive, avoid giving them till the age of 2 n than avoid giving them anything sweet post 6 pm..honestly u can avoid it but can control their intake

Thành viên VIP

Its best to get the sugar from nautral resources like fruits and vegetabels. Excess of sugar from outside should be avoided

Super Mom

Instead of sugar you can give them raw-sugar. it's good for health without any side effect.

hiiii me help kar sakta hu Kya apki