Should I NIPT?

FTS shows high risk of trisomy 1:43. So that’s a 2% chance. I can’t decide to wait or take the NIPT test. Anyone having the same results as me?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Exact same here, freaking out cos mine shows high risk 1:41 and NT value is above normal. My Gynae straight ask me do Amniocentesis (invasive testing that has 1:300 chance of miscarriage) at KKH I asked him about NIPT he said if results same I still need to do Amniocentesis. He didnt arrange for NIPT so yesterday I went to JB and do NIPT instead, now still waiting results..

Read more
2mo trước

After discussing with my husband and family, we decided to proceed with the amnio if the 20-week scan was normal. If there were any major structural issues, we wouldn't continue the pregnancy. The 20-week scan showed the baby is structurally fine and the NT is now within the healthy range. However, they found an echogenic bowel and recommended an amnio. At KKH, another scan found a small lump near the liver, so they wanted to test for possible infection as well. In the end, the amnio sample was sent for three tests. The PCR result is already back and clear, but we're still waiting another week for the other two results, and very costly 🥲