Do 1st delivery

FTM with High BP , FTM here with High BP, (was diagnosed with HBP way before pregnant).any Mom having the same as me ? Am really looking forward for normal delivery thn CS. Any Mom here with HBP but go tru Normal Delivery? Is there any complications for mom who's having HBP during labour. Do you have any tips ? Hehehe! TBH really nervous and at times overthinking... TYIA 😌#firstbaby #firstmom #advicepls #FTM

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had HBP during my first pregnancy and still managed to deliver naturally. It really depends on yourself and on your gynae - I opted for epidural for pain management before my gynae ascertained my decision. She said my pain might cause my bp to shoot up during labour haha. Now that I am on my second pregnancy, my same gynae put me on low-dose Aspirin after my first trimester, but to stop just 4 weeks before EDD. I have been monitoring my BP readings and it is now within normal range with the help of Aspirin. You might want to check with your gynae of this option, only if you are comfortable. Of course, at the end of the day, what matters most, is that both mummy and baby are safe, whichever the delivery mode. You can have a preference but rmb to stay open to your other options :) All the best mummy!

Read more

same, i’m a lupus sle pt with high bp. i think doc will do what’s best to keep both mummies and babies safe. it has always registered and administered in my brain that ‘ its ok that i don’t get the birth that i want but both me and baby is safe’ guess thats my priority

i have borderline HBP even before preg. Gynae sent me to cardiologist to get heart checked out (ultra sounds. echo test) and we are realistically going for C section. Natural delivery is alot of stress on the heart.