dry and flaky scalp

hi, ftm here. my 2month old baby has been having flakes on his head since birth. been putting olive oil after bathing every time but it doesnt seem to get better. anyone experiencing the same issue? the flakes feels like bumps too. any tips on what to do? i use the gaia hair and body wash during bath time. help 😫

dry and flaky scalp
2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Like what the other mom said this is cradle cap! My son is 2.5 months. I gently massage in Bzu Bzu baby coconut oil on my baby's scalp 1 hour before shower (be careful not to press on the soft spots on the top and back of head!), then use a silicon brush (you can search cradle cap silicone brush on Shopee) to wash his hair in circular motion. Don't use too much - just about $1 coin or slightly more. No scrubbing and no peeling the skin also - now his cradle cap is mostly gone in about 3-4 weeks, left a few small dry patches and very tiny flakes :) But even if you don't do anything, it will go away on its own in a few months' time.

Read more

This is cradle cap and will go away on its own (takes time). What I did was just shower bb normally then during shower use a brush/baby comb to gently comb her entire head (i use cetaphil baby).