Anybody did crochet while pregnant? Old wives tale : cannt crochet when pregnant.

Friends ask me dont touch crochet when pregnant. If not might miscarriage or baby might have defects.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Influencer của TAP

I think better to be safe than sorry. like no painting or fixing of stuff it was told that it's a myth but it's not it happen to someone I know. the baby has a big birth patch. I think if you want to be safe just listen. if you think it's ok then you just go away with what you want.

If there’s no direct harm to your baby, go ahead and do it. Ofcourse painting and fixing try to avoid la. Painting from inhaling the chemicals and fixing is heavy work. But how does crocheting affect your pregnancy? Poking yourself? No right?

Thành viên VIP

Not sure about this old wives tale, but usually from what I know in the older days when people start crocheting means they’re most likely pregnant😆

Not true though. I know of someone who did crotchet when she was pregnant. She has a cute & healthy baby today.

Thành viên VIP

Absolutely not true! If you like crocheting, please, just go ahead. Ridiculous belief 🤦🏽‍♀️

It has no medical standpoint whatsoever therefore it is incorrect