Implantation bleeding?

Hi #firsttimemom here! Took a pregnancy test kit twice and was tested positive. Should be 5 weeks now. But I have been experiencing spotting/ bleeding only when I pee and wipe. Blood doesn't stain on pad. Went to KKH to do blood test on 2 separate occasions and the hCG level is increasing, but very slowly. From 103 to 182 in two days. Spotting has been ongoing for 9 days now and I am very worried for bad news. My gynae appointment is only next week (as advised week 6). Help!?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Implantation bleeding is a light bleeding or spotting that can sometimes occur when a fertilized egg implants itself in the lining of the uterus. It is usually light and lasts for a short time. In your case, since you are experiencing spotting/bleeding only when you pee and wipe, it could potentially be related to implantation bleeding, although the duration and slow increase in hCG levels are concerns. It's positive that your hCG levels are increasing, albeit slowly. This could indicate a viable pregnancy, but it's important to consult with your gynecologist for a thorough evaluation. Your upcoming gynae appointment in week 6 will provide more clarity on the situation. In the meantime, try to take care of yourself, stay hydrated, and get plenty of rest. It's understandable to feel worried, but try to stay positive and patient as your medical appointment approaches. If you experience heavy bleeding, severe pain, or other concerning symptoms, do not hesitate to seek medical attention promptly. Remember, every pregnancy is different, and it's essential to follow the guidance of your healthcare provider. Sharing your concerns with your gynecologist during your appointment will help address any worries and provide you with the necessary support and information moving forward. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Did you go through IVF, hence the blood test on 2 separate occasions? Even normal non IVF pregnancies, spotting is normal. The fact you only experience it when you wipe, unlikely to a cause of concern

3mo trước

I didn't go through IVF. Its the first time i have conceived! Went to KKH cause of the bleeding as i didn't know what to expect. So doctor ask to return for another blood test to see the HCG level

Update: suffered from a miscarriage ☹

Influencer của TAP

🙏💕