Does anyone has the same issue of gaining weight too fast? I'm only 8 weeks, and gained 3kg :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It could be due to water retention, constipation (if you have it now). I gained around 6-7kg during my first trimester, though online articles and calculators said it should be around 0.5-1.5kg 🫢 . I felt and looked bloated during that time, so this could have led to more weight gain. Now I’m in my 2nd trimester (week 21) and my weight gain slowed down (gained 1.5kg from start of 2nd trimester, week 14), but online articles said I’m supposed to gain more more weight during this trimester🤷🏻‍♀️. However baby is growing well, his measurements are within the healthy range - so this is more important. In summary, as long as you are healthy and baby is growing well and all his/her measurements are within the normal growth range, that’s all that matters ☺️

Read more

That depends on what caused the weight gain, I guess, and whether you were at your ideal weight before getting pregnant. I found this video to be a helpful reference (from 3:15) on weight gain: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9o_Kxcss1u8

I also gained more weight at the onset when my appetite was good, but it stabilised ~10 weeks onwards due to nausea/vomitting and food aversion. Can monitor first and try to take healthier food.

I gain about 23kg throughout the whole pregnancy. everything is well.

Thành viên VIP

It’s completely normal, no need to worry.