Labour & Epidural

First time mom here. How do you deal with the thoughts of labor? I have been reading, watching birth vlogs - not sure if I will every be ready? Can you share with me your labor stories? My husband do not want me to take epidural if possible and go all natural. But i'm not sure how is the pain going to be like.

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Please do not listen to your husband or anyone else cos it's your own body. It's you who will be going through the pain not your husband not anyone else. Epidural is completely safe to take & it actually helps you to dilate if you're in a long labour. The reason why the nurse/midwife ask you if you want to take epidural or not. If you have a low pain tolerance, just go for it. You can also sleep throughout the contractions without feeling any pain. But the side effects are shivering. You will be shivering in cold but fret not. Just cover yourself with the hospital blanket. Not enough with 1? Ask the nurse for more blanket. The cold feeling will go away. The gas does not even help me at all. I was too giddy & even vomitted because of the smell but can still feel the pain. I've had 4 epidurals & I will always ask at the last minute 😬so the numbness stays until my baby comes out 😅 They will normally lower the epidural dosage when it's near to 10cm dilated so you can still feel when your baby comes out but not at all painful. I've had people who say it's not good for my body since I took it 4 times but I just shut them up. It's my body not theirs. No side effect for me like backpain, etc. so far and the last epidural I took was 9 yrs ago.

Read more
3y trước

Hi! Your ‘last minute’ is at which cm? I thought we cannot opt for epi at a certain cm, no?