For the first time we had an argument regarding finances. He kept on telling me that he was frustrated bec I keep on raising our scenario that we have no savings and income. He is about to review for licensure and that means he's temporarily can't provide financially. I think he's putting the blame on me by venting his frustation that is according to him rooted from me being so concerned in our lackings. Can he blame me? I am SAHM and even if I want to help financially, how could I? He's somewat pressuring me to come up with a business, but Im not into business. I would rather be an employee than to think of a business I cant take care. :( help!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's understandable to be worried about finances, especially since that's one of the most common things that couples fight about. I would suggest that if you want to supplement your family's income, you need to find work. Your husband might think that if you find work, it might undermine his being the "provider" for the family, but what's more important is for you guys to be financially stable, and he needs to know that. There's totally nothing wrong with the wife providing for the family, in fact it's better if the both of you can work, that way you can save up money for the future and avoid having financial problems.

Read more
8y trước

the problem is we still have a 2yo child and that's hindering me to at least find work. But he doesn't want me to work. He wants me to come up with a business which I think Im not capable of.