Slow Fetus Growth

This is my first pregnancy. I have visited the gynaecologist at week 7. The doc commented the fetus development and growth was slow compared to the gestational age . The fetus is too small. Looking at it, it’s not positive. Hearing all these, it really saddens me and all i can do is to pray for the baby and wait for the next visit in a week’s time. 😭 what can i do? #1sttrimester

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i had twice MC. 1 is normal MC the other is missed MC. both gynae told me fetus is not growing well. hence end up with MC. When i did ask for further checkup they told me unable to detect. might be chromosome. after a year conceive naturally, early stage at 6weeks if im not wrong i decided to go to private checkup. which is ASTRA WOMEN CLINIC - DR THO. Very nice doctor, i was with him throughout my 12weeks. explain to him what had happen. cause my MC happen within a year twice. so Dr tho gave me a jab on weekly basis. to prevent MC,growth of fetus,mummies hormone as well. i was trauma during that time when i get to know im pregnant. but afterall gods plan. u may wanna wish to visit Dr Tho in future u pregnant. 😊

Read more

Hi there, I’ve just received the same news - went for my first 8 week scan and the gynae told me the fetus is the size of a 6.5 week fetus, and it’s not looking positive. We’re devastated to hear this news, but trying to stay optimistic. Getting further tests tomorrow and next week to confirm growth rate. Hope you’re okay. Stay positive. You’re not alone xo

Read more

unfortunately nothing you can do to change the physical growth, but try to keep well mentally and emotionally, distract yourself with activities that make you feel better