First pregnancy, do NIPT test?

Hi, first pregnancy and I’m 28yo, should I do NIPT test?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m 30 with first pregnancy too. It was suggested by my gynae to do it, but I don’t think I had a choice. I tried to clarify with him if it’s compulsory and his reply was it would be safer. So I think it boils down to whether the gynae suggest whether if you financial allows. Pros: can find out make decision early. Cons: expensive. Discuss with your hubs! Cheers (:

Read more

Hello mummy, I’m 25 years old this year having my first pregnancy as well. I did both NIPT and Oscar test to play safe. Both me and my husband decided to went for both test for high accuracy. And of cuz if your financial allows you too, stay cheerful mommy!

Hubs and I didnt feel the need to. Test already if something wrong, are you gonna end your pregnancy? If no, are you sure you will not be affected throughout your pregnancy journey?

I was 32 when i got pregnant and went only with oscar. my gynae suggested to do nipt but did not force me cos we're keeping the baby no matter what the result is.

depends on ur personal preference. the risk is still present, just that its lower. me too ftm and 30 yo, i did it too

I think if you have the financial means, just go and do it to get a peace of mind. Better safe than sorry!

I did but i was already 32. Gynae didnt force but we felt like the need go do the comprehensive one

I will prefer to do NIPT.. at least can make sure if any issue it is known at the start..

if got budget, you go for NIPT.