Epidural: yes or no ?

This is my first pregnancy and if possible, i would like to go for natural delivery with epidural. I have very low tolerance pain. However i heard epidural’s side effect can be brutal and most of the time you will tear and it can also slow down cervix opening. Those mummies who have taken epidural before, was it a good experience and do you recommend it ? And how was your experience. Im leaning towards taking it but im scared and want to know what to expect😣 For now i am 25 weeks and still under kkh subsidized. #advicepls #firsttimemom

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I had the exact same feelings and plans too!! But i discussed with my gynae (she was pro epidural and induce). 🥲 Throughout the pregnancy i did my research and debated with her if its a need and the long term consequences too. So based on my exp in February, yes the epidural was bad at labour so it was done on me thrice. Two holes and three insertions and multiple pumps due to ineffectiveness. I felt extreme pain half my body while the other half was numb. So that was just a freak experience for me. Since i took the epidural from the crazy pains at the start, they had to induce the minute they found meconium in the amniotic fluids. My cervix opening was delayed at 1cm for days and then stuck at 4cm for more than 18hours. once again eh😪 my bad luck. The nurses and medical officers will offer u epidural seeing u in pain and if u havent dilated more than 3cm if im not mistaken. so i pretty much had to choose epidural since i couldnt tahan at all. Anyways the only good thing is that my gynae Ada Ng really held my hands through the ride. She guided my pushes in such a way that a tear was avoidable. taking in consideration my baby was at 3.3 and big headed hahahaha. she has her own methods to direct ur pushes even under alot of stress. so grateul for her! Anyway i switched to private at the last month and got her by luck. So might wanna consider a gynae who is gonna be there and kind enough while u lay there dying in pain 🙃🙃🙃

Read more
12mo trước

oh sorry Ada was a relief gynae who was present at my labour so my good luck in the end!