Choosing of gynae

First pregnancy here and currently at week 7. Is anyone able to share how you guys decide the gynae to go to? Subsidy vs non-subsidy, are there a huge difference? If I go through the subsidy route, when is a good time to switch to private so I can book my preferred gynae?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I chose my gynae based on my mum’s recommendation and just nice he delivers at my preferred hospital. Mine was private, single bedder, natural birth and all in (inclusive of checkups till delivery) was approx $4K Medisave, $8K cash. Differences- Private: - Stick to one gynae thru out - More expensive - Shorter appointments between checkups - Can take single bedder Subsidised: - Gynae changes thru out - Way cheaper and most probably will still get back cash cheque after birth. - Longer appointments between checkups - Can only choose up to a certain ward (no single) Best to do it around week 20 but it’s up to your comfort, some do it around week 30 . Do note that if you have a preferred gynae, it is up to their availability and not all gynaes are willing to take midway patients.

Read more