My FIL sometimes shoots out of his hip and doesn't realise the hurtful things he sometimes says. However, my husband doesn't seem to mind it. How should I deal with situation and ask my FIL to just "be quiet!"

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its very difficult to mend the ways of elderly people. They are used to behaving in a certain manner and don't realize what they are saying and that it might hurt or anger others. Perhaps your husband is used to his this behavior or he knows there is no use correcting his father. If you answer back your FIL he will take it badly. Such persons do! Best is to try to ignore or leave that place when he is speaking hurtful things. You can involve your MIL here to convey things to your FIL.

Read more

if he doesn't live with you and visits occasionally, i would suggest ignore it and let it be...it's difficult to expect him to change at this age. however, if you all live together, i can understand how annoying it must be. have you tried speaking to him in a nice way without being angry? maybe he doesn't realise it yet as you said, but your talking to him about it will make him realise, and he will at least think the next time he does so.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-13038)