Feeling depressed. My in-laws expect a boy from us right from the start. We have 3 girls now. And now that am pregnant again, they think the 4th one for sure is a boy. If it's a girl again, they will definitely think something is wrong with me and I am super unlucky not to have a boy at all. Seriously don't feel like announcing my pregnancy to them and also sharing the gender with them. #1 it was 75% confirm to be a girl and they insists the doctor is talking bullshit. Oh Wells.

68 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you and totally understand how you feel as I am in the same shoes. When I am having my firstborn, my pils ask me to pray to god to "change" my stomach from girl to boy. After my girl was born, they ask her right in front of me why is she "coming out" so fast and forget to bring the "sausage" with her. They claimed that the fortune teller said if she is born slightly later she will be a boy. For my second born, my pils told ask not to update them the progress of my kid unless she suddenly turn into a "boy". My Husband is only Son so my pils hint my him if he want to find a Vietnam lady as I am "too old" to give birth to Son since I am much older than him. I used to be so upset by these comments. However, my husband told me these, boy or girl it is our children afterall, we just need to focus on them to guide them well who know they might be better in all aspects than boys? Our friends use to tell us these they are so envy of us with two girls as we will have two extra "sons" to care for us. As nowadays Son-in-law treat pils better due to their Wife. So don't care about what others have to say and focus on your pregnancy and kids. Happy Mommy = happy kids = happy family!

Read more