Feeling depressed. My in-laws expect a boy from us right from the start. We have 3 girls now. And now that am pregnant again, they think the 4th one for sure is a boy. If it's a girl again, they will definitely think something is wrong with me and I am super unlucky not to have a boy at all. Seriously don't feel like announcing my pregnancy to them and also sharing the gender with them. #1 it was 75% confirm to be a girl and they insists the doctor is talking bullshit. Oh Wells.

68 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tbh it's not you fault at all. It all has to do with your partners sperm. You partner might have a low count of sperm and most of it is female or just produce girls and that's it. Sometimes it depends on what day you have ovulated and had sex. If done on the day planed to the minute and second you two still can produce girl as it all depends on your partner

Read more

Please tell ur in-laws they r not living in medieval times anymore. We got to move with the times yah? N seriously pls tell them in the face to respect you n ur children. Think of the message that your girls will receive-that they are not as good as boys?? It is biased and ignorant views like this that sets us back in terms of gender equality

Read more

Scientifically speaking. It's the husband's sperm DNA which will determine the sex of your baby since egg cells have dominant Xgenes while sperm cells are either X and Y. So if they're belittling you for not having a son you can always give them solid facts that their genes are the one to blame.

1y trước

I agree!

Sorry just to check who says that giving birth to girls means that there’s something wrong with your body ? I don’t understand that theory 😂 being able to have kids is a blessing , why do they wana make it so depressing and stressful . I think they need to go for counseling hahaha

Argh... its so sad to know that this is happening. In laws or anyone shld not have any expectation on grandchildren's gender. They stay put at the 1940s.. please ignore them or let your hub speak w them. And about baby's gender, its not the female who determine, its mainly the males's sperm.

You shouldn't blame yourself for this, all children, boy or girl are blessings. In the end, those are your kids, not your grandparents' kids. Btw you should tell them the male decides the gender of the baby though, it has been proven by science but not a lot of people aware about it...

Hey..don't get dishearten..people like your in-laws are the reason of pre birth termination of girl child..girls are really god's precious gift,only lucky parents get this gift..so don't worry..do not give importance those who don't have feelings for you and your child.

Sorry to say They are stupid And they dont have a right to expect u in this case This is ur life your girls U must tell them in start that who the hell are u to expect boys Its just a gods gift There are millions who dont have a child and they are trying from years..

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Its our own kids.. Not theirs ultimately. Let them know its what God plan to give, and gender determines from your hubby. Dont add these unworthy stress to yourself. Im having 3 gals too. And if the 4th one is a gal again. I'll submit to that!

Well if they have so much expectation why dont they 'try' for a child on their own.. Every child be it girl or boy is a blessing. You can never live up to crazy people expectation. Chill and enjoy this beautiful moment!