Parents-in-law

Just feeling bit weird when I hear own sister, my girl friends and female colleagues sharing that how their PIL especially MIL will cook or got them some tonic foods or taking good care of them (even not staying together) when they were pregnant. I am currently going 21 weeks preg but till today my in-law didn’t get anything for me. Even when my family asked, they found disappointed why is my in-law behaving so. As if I mean nothing to my in-law family. My FIL is those listen to wife with no much of opinion and my MIL is usually e calling e shots type and don’t cook at home (I never seen her cook at all). I felt that she’s more into her son and DIL is just someone else in e family. As before our wedding I get to know she bought some tonic drinks for my hubby and gave him a angpao which I doesn’t have either. My hubby is quite protective towards his mum and he felt that they are modern family (somehow angmo style la) so all these are not important. Which I can never talk to him about these or say about his family otherwise we would ended up quarrelling. I do feel emo and angry whenever I thought of this. Which really also feeling disappointed. Hope they are behaving like this not because I’m carrying a baby girl 👧🏻 (my MIL wanted a grandson during reveal party). But my baby is their first and is their grandchild no matter what! 😭 (Update - 28 October 2022) Truth is, my MIL really can’t be bothered and only cares for her son. She told my hubby to get a helper if we can’t cope ourselves weeks before I delivered my girl (we didn’t even asked her to help lol). Then she refused to visit us after our girl born and even late for my girl 1 year old birthday party. She got NOTHING but at least a $50 angpao shared with my FIL for her very first grandchild just FYI. No gold or whatever if we’re talking about Chinese tradition. I’m not eyeing for anything from her, just feeling why I will such MIL treating me and my daughter like a known strangers. So cold hearted. 😣 #ParentsInLaw

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Well, i am in the same situation as you. They dun care and even have ask us to look for alternative childcare for my kid. By the way, in the 1st place, we did not ask them to look after our kid. However, when they heard that my mum is helping to look after our kid, she quickly said, if we really got no one to help to look after, she may consider to help. lol. so wayang.

Read more