How to decide normal delivery or c section

Hello Everyone I’m in 32nd week of my pregnancy and my doctor said everything is fine , the baby position , placenta etc When asked about type of delivery Seems my doctor is more interested in C section and trying to avoid normal delivery , though asking me for my preference As a first timer I’m trying to understand how should I decide which option should I choose if no complication?? Also I m bit scared of pains but cannot decide on type of delivery to opt for Will c section healing, anaesthesia in spine and stitches be bearable or will the labour pain be better ( although I understand every women is different and so is the pain ) Can please guide me based on personal experience Appreciate your guidance

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I experienced both. First was induced but not dilated enough and had to go on e csec since baby was in distress. Vbac for no2 without epidural. Comparing both, contraction after being induced was more painful than letting normal contraction come. Recovery wise, natural is definitely much faster and I could carry baby as much as i want. With csec, need to note that baby will kind of rest on the abdominal area while breastfeeding so can get quite painful and uncomfortable. The recovery took about a month, and took me 4mths before i could go back to exercise and run at my normal speed. Given a choice, i will not choose csec, unless for emergency. If you are concern about pain, can go with epidural, painless/minimal pain natural delivery. By the way, csec baby has lower immunity. You can read up a bit more on google. My no1 started wheezing and had bronchitis 3times within 6mths in infant care, had to pull him out of school to bring his health back. Have a safe delivery!

Read more