5 weeks pregnancy

Hi everyone, I’m a first-time mum-to-be and I’m just over 35 years old. I recently had my first ultrasound at 5 weeks, and the doctor said they could only see the gestational sac. Currently, I don’t have many symptoms, except for occasional light-headedness, heartburn, bloating, and my body temperature being over 37°C. I’m wondering if this is normal? Does this count as being pregnant? What should I look out for?#firstmom #FirstTime #firsttimemom #pregnancy

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi! I am in the same boat. Got a transvaginal ultrasound to confirm that its not a ectopic pregnancy due to left abdominal, but gestational sac is empty. KKH doc said usually they will ask expecting mummies to return after 2 weeks to check for fetal pole, yolk sac and perhaps heartbeat. It is tough to wait for 2 weeks, but hope everything will be okay!

Read more
13h trước

Sure! 😍🥰

Hi! Went in at 5w+5 only saw the sac. Had spotting and bleeding, did an ultrasound by the bottom and saw the heartbeat at 6w! All good now at week 8 with the normal ultrasound. Don’t worry as the ultrasound is unable to pickup at 5w as it’s not so sensitive!

7h trước

Congratulations!! Okay, Thanks thanks!

Congrats! Was in somewhat of the same boat as you a couple of months back. Dr. was quick to tell me "no fetus," but then... few seconds later, she found the fetus. It was perhaps just too early into the pregnancy and needed a bit of luck, too, during ultrasound.

1d trước

Congratulations to you.. I’m now like everytime I pee I will check if there’s any bleeding.. all I hope is I will get to see my baby 3 weeks later..

Hi there, congrats and yes this is normal. By week 6 or 7 you should see if there’s a yolk sac. Also did the doc run a blood test for you? The blood test should show your HCG levels to affirm your pregnancy 🤰🏻

1d trước

Phew.. it really worries me a lot… but dr says they will do another scan in 3weeks time to confirm everything.

maybe you can visit the clinic after 2 weeks. sometimes too early, cannot see properly. wait awhile more, to check on the heartbeat. some mummy don't experience the pregnancy symptoms so early.

Hihi, congrats. And yes, it’s normal to feel all that. Also, week 5 is too early to see yolk sac. Don’t worry, everything’s going well. Rest more and eat well. ☺️

13h trước

Thank you.. 😍🥰

looking at hcg lvl is the most accurate to confirm if you are pregnant or not. Symptoms might be misleading as every individual's pregnancy is different

1d trước

That’s what I requested to do but dr says no need.

Isn’t 5 weeks supposed to see the sac only? I’m thinking of whether it’s even worth it to go scan at week 6

1d trước

I was being referred by polyclinic. Perhaps is due to my age? That the dr would like to see me early.

wait until week 8 can see flickering heart beat

17h trước

I can’t wait to see the small flickering heart