Employment terminated during pregnancy

Hello everyone, I am 28 weeks pregnant currently. Worked in my company for more than 2 years. Recently doctor issued 3 weeks of hospitalisation leave due to some pregnancy complications. Submitted my hospital leave to my employer and my employer decided to terminate my service with the company. Can that even be a valid reason? I read online and it is actually an offence to terminate someone who is pregnant. But my employer said that they will compensate me with 1 month notice of salary without CPF and will cover my 16 weeks of ML. I am also supposed to get my bonus during Aug, but because of this termination they refuse to pay for my bonus. My boss told me to come back only after I give birth and settle down my newborn. I feel that it is very unfair on my end. What should I do?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am on 1-year contract. My boss promised to change my employment to perm once my contract ends. But as soon as they hear im pregnant, they decided to end my contract just like that. I checked with mom. Apparently, it’s legal. They are allowed to do it and theres nothing we can do about it.

Must first ask on what basis you were terminated and then you determine if it's reasonable (under performance etc) Cause it's termination with notice and they also provided compensation out of good will. If you find that the reasons are not on reasonable ground then u can fact check with mom

Read more
1mo trước

Then contact mom to clarify

call the MOM hotline. *hugs*