Makeup products used by MUA for wedding

Hi everyone! My Actual Day wedding is on Jan 2023. But I'm currently 3 months pregnant now. I'm worried about the makeup products used by the Make Up Artist and whether it will affect my baby. Should I continue with the usage of their products or should I buy my own organic makeup and used my products instead?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We tend to eat quite a bit of lipstick and lip gloss after they have been applied, so for these products you might want to exercise more caution and use your own. Organic does not necessarily mean safe. I like to check the ingredient list for potential unsafe items (I use the website cosdna to check the safety of the ingredients, and on top of that you can google every ingredient in the lipstick/ lip gloss).

Read more

the transfer of makeup into the bloodstream for a one day event is very very minimal and negligible. Even daily make up is still very minimal too. You’ll need a lot of exposure to dangerous chemicals for it to be at dangerous levels to fetus. You can still continue to use their products.. don’t worry too much

Read more

Congrats babe! I’m 5 months preg and having my wedding on Jan 23 too! I will probably do my own makeup but if you’re hiring a make up artist please be cautious because they have used their makeup stuff on many other people as well. I suggest you get your own products :)

1y trước

congrats! could you please share the makeup products you will be using for the AD!

I don’t think a few hours of makeup would do any harm, unless you use them everyday throughout pregnancy. And you’d want to look good on the big day. And if you use different stuff the makeup artist is used to, it might not blend well and turn out weird.

Hi, I doubt it will affect baby.

congrats