Each time my baby cries, i get really angry and stressed up. I cried along with her too. There is times that i want to stop her from crying by doing mean ways. Am i going thru post natal depression?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Postpartum depression can begin any time during the first two months after you have given birth, here are the symptoms: - Irritability or hypersensitivity - Difficulty in concentrating - Anxiety and worry - Crying or tearfulness - Anger - Negative feelings such as sadness, hopelessness, helplessness or guilt - Loss of interest in activities you usually enjoy - Insomnia - Fatigue - Changes in appetite or eating habits - Headaches, stomachaches, muscle or backaches. Some woman with postpartum depressing believe they cannot care for their baby and may even harm them. Just because you have postpartum depression doesn't mean you are a bad mother or that you don't love your child. Once you feel better, these feelings will diminish. Don't be afraid to ask for help, help comes in many forms, ranging from people who cook meals, fold your laundry to therapy. You need loads of support from your family and friends to get better. Tell someone you trust about it, get some rest, being tired and restless can easily lead to postpartum depression. I had postpartum depression from my first born due to insufficient support from my ex-husband and family. It was a tough journey. I wish I would have gotten help earlier. Now that depression is here to stay even after my second born, I will try to think from a different perspective. I try to talk to people and get as much help as possible. The key is don't be afraid to speak up. Keeping everything bottled up will do you no good but only more harm.

Read more

Please get professional help,dear. Especially because you have thoughts of using 'mean' ways to your baby.Woman in past times used to have a village to support her after giving birth. But in modern days, many of us have to be independent. Therefore try to get moral support from your family n friends. Talk to your previous gynae or midwive too,they should be able to refer you to women support group in your area.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

i do understand wer r u coming from. i was in that shoes after giving birth . my 2 weeks was a night mare. i think e most impt is family support. get them involve. dont do it alone.

thanks