My toddler (20 months) just doesn't talk! He literally understands everything but doesn't talk.

He doesn't even say mom n dad but knows who mom n dad is! No signs of hearing impairment.. loves to sing when he listens to a song of his choice but just doesn't talk! Mummies pls advice!#pleasehelp #advicemommies #firsttimemom #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Hey hey its okay! Children have their own schedule so maybe it takes times for the words to materialise and projected. Have u brought this up to ur paediatrician yet? Ive met many children over the years who really start talking after three or four years. Rarely around five years old too! But if theres sounds and babbling and understanding for now, do give it a bit more time before panicking. If u need a speech therapist can go through the subsidized way of polyclinic and asking for referrals. if not just continue singing reading talking at every opportunity!

Read more
3mo trước

thank you so much for your kind words❤️I am yet to consult with a paediatrician, waiting for the poly referral 😊

Sounds very similar to mine. He’s also 20 months and can’t even say mom and dad. But very talkative in his own language. I got a referral to a speech therapist during his 18 month regular checkup at polyclinic. But I’m still waiting since he understands so many things. Hope he’ll speak soon. 😌

3mo trước

yup let's hope they talk sooner 😊

Influencer của TAP

my younger only started talking after 3yo & is super talkative now 😅 hope it's just a matter of time for ur LO too 🙏💕

3mo trước

Thank you so much ❤️❤️❤️

👍