Does anyone use cloth diapers here? Can you share your views and opinions about it?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

We have plenty of cloth diapers at home, majority are gifts from our friends. But we never use them. Although there are 2 main benefits of using it. 1. Savings. It will really save you a lot. 2. Eco friendly. My baby poops a lot and that's one of the reasons why we don't use it as both me and my wife go to work so we have less time to wash them. Many of our friends use cloth diapers, they use it because of reason number 1 which is savings. There's only a disadvantage that I've heard from our friends, that is: you can never use it for longer time like disposable diapers. After 2 to 3 pees, cloth diapers get really wet unlike the disposable ones which can go as long as 12 hrs (but if the baby poops, it should be changed immediately to avoid rashes and UTI). There's always pros and cons.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

I tried but only for 2 days when my child is 1 month old. And for that really short period of time I realised: 1. It's cost-effective - 2 cloth diapers (we wash and wear) VS approx 12 diapers for 2 days (only positive light I saw then) 2. Too conscious about asking my mom to wash the cloth as that time I still don't have 'enough energy' for chores like this and hubby is student-working 3. It's not so convenient. When your away from home with baby and you get to change her diapers, the disposable ones can more likely do the trick (you know what I mean - just dispose it!) But there's this Cloth Alliance that advocates awareness to mums like us to prefer the use of cloth diapers for our little ones: http://www.choosecloth.org/why-choose-cloth/

Read more

To decide between disposable diapers vs. cloth diapers, it depends on whether you have people to help you to wash and dry the cloth diaper. For initial months, i suggest to use disposable diapers as newborns pee and poop more frequent, the time and energy in using cloth diaper is far more than a disposable diaper, especially if you have older kids need to attend to and no additional help. However, if baby is developing nappy rash you may want to use cloth diaper for a few days first before it heal completely. When baby is getting older, a cloth diaper will be more economical in the long run as compared to disposable diaper.

Read more

I have a friend who uses Moomoo cloth diapers which she got at a bundle price at the babyfair and she says it has saved her tons of money. The bundle only cost her $200+ for a set and the only thing that she would need to buy are the liners. She says since she's a "work-from-home" mother, the increase in laundry doesn't bother her much since she washes her baby clothes every 3 days. I don't personally use cloth diapers because 1) I work full time and my stepmum is caring for him and 2) I can't see myself diligently soaking and cleaning the diapers as often as I should.

Read more

I used to use cloth diapers on my kids. If you have a maid and wish to use cloth diaper still ok else it will be very tedious on you. Basically, using cloth diaper is supposedly to be more economical but if you include time to wash and water used, it may not be so. I personally think the pro ia nanny rash will be greatly reduced. Usually once diaper is soiled, baby will definitely cry a great deal and you got no choice but to change it. In this way, it will reduce diaper rash a great lot.

Read more

I don't use it because I feel after all its a cloth withing cloth. and may actually turn out unhygienic. I have read in very detail that diaper are actually much much better and safe. so it should be either diapers or nothing :P. quick dry sheet always help

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-3550)

For new born cloth diaper is good but only if u change it on time and wash it with dettol.

Thành viên VIP

I was gifted a cloth diaper recently - but I don't think I will use it. Seems super Mahfan