I’m 29 weeks pregnant

Does anyone know when will the doctors start talking about labour and delivery, how to be prepared or what to do in case of labour pain or whatever? I’m under NUH and 7months preggy, and docs are yet to talk about it. Just wanna be mentally prepared.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

Eh same at KKH actually. They dont even broach the subject and process until the week before. I did ask and thats what they told me. Closer to due date then discussion about whats good like induction or c sect or epidural or emergency stuff and all. I think they trying not to stress us first timers out. But meanwhile u read up all these from reliable sources ah like hospital websites. Maybe with more info u might know what ur body needs? E.g. i low pain tolerance from menstrual cramps so i anticipated contraction during early labour to be hell even though i didnt want epidural. so i made sure i knew conditions to get epidural like how many cm dilation and how late can i get it during labour if i changed my mind and how much might it cost and the procedure all prepped in my mind. are there alternatives? my own breathing exercises, husband support physically and verbally etc

Read more
9mo trước

Thank you, but I think they should start talking about it, as some people might go into early labour. Maybe I should try asking my doc on my next appointment and see what they might say, and yes I have to do more reading. Thank you😊

same here babe! 7 months & NUH too. i did mentioned it to them about the labour preparations but what they have told me is that they will brief more when its closer to date. i was nervous at first and i do understand that some people might get early labour. we’ll just have to trust the process babe, we can do this together!

Read more