Preparing for delivery

Hello mommies, it’s our turn to deliver soon and I’m feeling nervous 🥲 I am a first time mom and I don’t know what to expect or what will happen when the day comes. I’m afraid it will be painful and I will start to cry. How do you prepare yourself for delivery mentally and physically? 😞 what are the active labour signs you have experienced when baby is coming? #firsttimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It varies for individuals, usually contractions hit or when your water bag burst, you still have time to eat and shower before heading to hospital. For my case, I didn’t have any contractions or prelabour symptoms, my waterbag didn’t break till before birth and I was induced (overdue and low fluid). It’s okay to cry, I cried too cause I didn’t know what is gonna happen but the nurses were assuring and nice to me. My entire labour was considered fast and painless (I took whatever pain relievers that were available), the pain only hits me 12 hours later but I managed to sleep thru it. Prepare your hospital bag, IC and all the necessary forms so you can just grab and go. Time your contractions and don’t wait till last minute to go hospital so you can still give yourself some time to absorb whatever is going on. The obvious signs of labour are intermittent contractions and water bag breaking. Also, you might lose your mucus plug a few weeks to days, increased diarrhoea before labour. In the meantime, like I always advise my friends is, don’t go and read up on people’s birth stories or process. You’re just gonna scare yourself out. Wishing you a smooth delivery! ☺️

Read more