Vigorous exercise before knowing pregnant

Does anyone have views or info on whether vigorous exercise immediately after conception (first 1-4 weeks) will affect pregnancy, maybe in the placenta development?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Thành viên VIP

I was very active as a preschool teacher like carrying 15 kg child up and dow the stairs. Go to themepark and ride rollercoaster. I didnt know i was pregnant. The moment i knew, i am at 11th week plus already. I am super glad that baby is fine even with my crazy movements daily. The doc said i am lucky. Now i am 20th weeks and baby growth is fine. :)

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Usually a fetus is well protected with many layers underneath your skin. I actually did cardio workout with kickboxing from 1st trimester till 1 week before giving birth. As long as there's no spotting, it should be fine. You may also check with your gynae if you're still worry during your visit.

Read more

I didnt know that i was pregnant till week 8. Before that i carried on as per normal with my zumba, exercises, brazilian waxing etc. Fortunately did not face any risks or complicatuons throughout my pregnancy and gave birth to a healthy full term baby.

i dont do vigorous exercises before knowing pregnancy, but i did alot of strenuous work (carrying patients, walking alot, running arnd the ward, etc). i didnt know my pregnancy up till 24th weeks. all no problem,baby healthy. 😊

I think should be ok. I was lifting and packing heavy stuff daily before I got pregnant and all turned out to be ok. There’s nothing much you can do besides worrying as what’s done is done anyways.

I did circuit training including squat jumps and burpees till week 8. Baby turned out healthy and fine. But of course, best not to do it.