Probiotics supplements for baby?

Does anyone give their baby Probiotics daily as a supplement? Please share your experience - does it help with constipation & colic?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thanks all, actually PD had prescribed before when baby had constipation at 3mths old. She is now 7mths old but recently her poo seems harder than usual and I found out from my friend she had been giving her 5mth old daily supplement of Probiotics to aid healthy digestive system, hence my question.

Thành viên VIP

Yes, I give it daily as a supplement. It was prescribed by a PD and the idea is to introduce good bacteria into the baby’s gut. It helped with my LO’s constipation and gas. I am not sure about colic though but a non-gassy baby is a happy baby!

Most studies on infants and probiotics point to the safety of their use in healthy infants. However, there is still a lack of significant research on probiotics and infants. You should consult your doctor before using them.

Probiotics may help add good bacteria to an infant's stomach more quickly Yogurt is a great source of probiotics. You can feed yogurt to your baby around 4 to 6 months as they start eating solids.

Thành viên VIP

My PD prescribed probiotics when my baby have constipation. Honestly helps a bit. At least her stool isn't hard as before though she only poop once a day.

Thành viên VIP

Hi... your child is very young. Please don’t self medicate. Consult PD before you introduce any kinds of supplement to your child

I don't think you need to give your baby probiotics, unless they were on antibiotics and the doctor recommended it.

Thành viên VIP

I guess can give curd than supplements.. even curd have probiotics .. n it helps in digestion nly I heard

Thành viên VIP

You can get it from the pd, also he will advise if it's necessary. We were prescribed BioGaia

yes help with constipation, don't know about colic though