Nausea While Brushing Teeth?

Does anyone of you feel nausea while brushing teeth? Have try to use smaller toothbrush but seem to be no help. ?? Is it normal?

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal, I had same problem, each time brush my teeth, I puke, no matter what brand of toothpaste I used. After month 5, I stop puking. All good after all. Advise brush your teeth after dinner 3 hours, so you won’t vomit your meal.

Yes had this during the first trimester. You might want to try changing your toothpaste if it's the mint that makes your nausea. Colgate have a few nice flavoured ones that you might want to check out in the drugstores.

5y trước

I hope nausea will get better soon. How many weeks are you in? For me, my nauseaness went away after 20 weeks.

Experienced this during first trimester! I dread brushing my teeth especially tongue the whole trimester. I didnt change toothbrush but toothpaste. I got the one with milder taste. Not minty.

5y trước

I tried both ways too.. But because i have toothache as well so i used sensitive toothpaste.. So my toothache better but have to bear with the nausea feeling.

Nowadays I skip brushing tongue. Sometimes I didn’t even brush my teeth before going to bed or when I wake up. Hahaha smelly mouth.

Yes in my first trimester. Every time after brushing I will vomit without fail but luckily it went away from 2nd trimester onwards.

I thought i was the only one! Happened during my 1st trimester and now ending of 2nd trimester, seems like its starting again 😕

5y trước

Have u tried using small toothbrush? For me i tried also no used. And because of my toothache in the past 3 weeks, and was told that is normal to be sensitive as well.. So i went to buy the toothpaste for sensitivity.. And is was like dam worst..

I swapped to children's toothpaste and it helped tremendously! Only switched back when I don't feel nauseous anymore.

5y trước

I will try this method. Just bought darlie kids one.. 😁

Me too! Currently 6 months. After brushing teeth I will feel terrible. It will take almost half day to get better.

5y trước

Me too.. Almost half a morning everyday when i brush.. At night worst cos cant really slp immediately because of the nausea feeling. 😔😔

Lucky for this post. I still tot I was the only one who had such prob. After brushing always feel so nausea..

5y trước

I m now trying some other mummy method.. Hopefully will help.. U can try too.

Yes in my 1st trimester. I paused for few seconds breaks in between the brushing process and it helped.

5y trước

I shall try this