Induced

Doc want to induce at 37 weeks cause baby weighed 2kg. Is it ok?

181 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I’m currently in similar situation as you & I am really anxious. Baby weighs 1.9kg @ 35 weeks & gynae recommends to be induced by 37 weeks (which is soon) due to low birth weight. Gynae doesn’t recommend to go beyond 38 weeks as it might lead to further complications. How did you induction went? Any mummies care to share with similar experiences?

Read more

the reason for inducing a 2kg baby at 37 weeks is because it's not getting enough nutrients from the placenta. Doctors advise inducing because of risks of stillbirth. Babies have a higher chance of survival outside the womb after 37 weeks than inside when their food supply is no longer working.

Most of the time, the estimation is usually not accurate. Baby might come out smaller than estimated. At 37wks, my LO was estimated to be 3kg. I did my elective c sec on 39 wks and bb was 2.5kg only. Probably due to not enu nutrition provided by placenta as I was having low placenta, thus can only c sec.

Read more

Stop with the tagalog.. -.-

3y trước

Yes, but not all. There are comments written in English though too. So OP is not deprived of answers that she can understand. Just so happens that Filipinos are more active on the page. 😊

you should not hesitate to ask your doctor for the reasons. if the baby is not growing, then I guess it is better to follow your doctor. I will be induced at 38wks due to covid-related protocols in the hospital I go to. the doctors there want labor/delivery to be planned/scheduled as much as possible

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Usually it’s because the baby is not growing inside and that’s why its weight never increases and doctor wants induced so that baby can be fed on breastmilk or formula for growth development. This is the case happened to my sister in law. Is it because of this reason too why your doctor wants to induce birth?

Read more

I'm 37 weeks and the baby's size was at 32 weeks in last scan. My doctor didn't say anything about inducing or anything. He told me that this is not acceptable and that I need to eat more protein. I was 3.5Kg when I was born and my mom was smaller than I'm now. Now I'm worried if he's gonna make atleast 2 Kg before birth.

Read more

My doc told me at w37 that he wanna induce me at w37 cause baby didnt grow since w34. I binged on durian and beef during the 1 week leading to w37 and baby grew about 500g. I was eventually induced at w37d6 and baby was born at 2.8kg. In the morning before I delivered, baby was shown as 2.5kg - 2.6kg.

Read more

Im at 37wks and 3days today, my baby's weight today is 2.2kg. My ob said we have time pa para palakihin si baby, since normal delivery po ang plan namin. Conservative ob po kasi siya. Means as long as kayang hintayin na lumabas thru normal delivery si baby gagawin niya. Still no sign parin ako ng labor.

Read more

37 weeks and 1 day po ako, sabi po ng midwife sa center malaki daw po yung tyan ko, pero sabi naman po ng ob ko maliit lang daw po ang tyan ko, mukha lang malaki tignan kasi yung belly ko po from my post-op appendectomy. Excited na rin kami lumabas si babg, kasi sabi ni ob anytime pwede na sya lumabas.

Read more