Kids nicknames

Do your children have nicknames?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I do not give my babies nicknames and I feel calling their real names sound more respectful. I do not like other people to create a nickname for me, be it cute or not and I will do the same for my children. Up till now, my grandma still calling my mother "ah nong" (means little kids) and my mother's young siblings all still calling her the same nickname. I find it confusing and no respect but they already get upsed to the nickname already and thus I hold my belief that I should call my children in a proper way.

Read more

We call our nephew "xiao dong gua" and he happily responds to it even when he is less than one year old. He will turn his head to look at you when you call him by his nickname. I even got worried that he may mistook that for his name. Thankfully, he also responds to you when you call him by his name. Now that he is talking, he refers to himself by his name but would still respond when we call him by his nickname. :)

Read more

My elder son we called him "Baobei" and younger one "Xiao Baobei" I feel that it is closer to give them nicknames than just calling their name. When I was young, I had a nickname too. My family called me "Meimei" even though I am the elder daughter whereas my sister do not have a nickname. I am closer to my family as compared to my sister. Even up till now, my family still calls me by my nickname!

Read more
Thành viên VIP

My husband calls my daughter "똥똥 Junior" and I call her "Baby" because that's what she is. "똥똥 Ddong Ddong" in Korean translates to "Poopie" and somehow it's a "cute" nickname to call in Korea. I don't really agree though. I mostly call my baby by her name and so does my father. I believe it's important for her to recognise her own name rather than a nickname.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2951)

Still figuring out a nickname for the little one. Is there an age where it's too old to suddenly have a nickname?

thanks