Hi mummies,

Did anyone travel overseas in their 4 month? Is it safe to travel on plane? Any suggestions?

40 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Best time to travel during second trimester. I travelled to Tokyo during my 4th month and am still here at my 5th. But check with your gynae first if you’re fit for travel and get a letter too just in case. Choose the aisle seats with ample legroom as it’s easier to make trips to the toilet (I made two trips during the 6-7 hour flight), prepare snacks if you want and of course to keep yourself hydrated & moisturised onboard too!

Read more

I've long dreamed of going on a long trip, but to be honest, I'm very worried that I won't be able to be away from home for such a long time. Now these are small trips, a maximum of a week. But I found https://www.secretfoodtours.com/seattle/ . If you don't know how to diversify your leisure time while traveling somewhere, I recommend learning more about these food tours.

Read more

Yes i travelled during my 5th mth.. To okinawa on jetstar. In fact it's said tat the 2nd trimester is the best for travel during pregnancy. But please consult ur gynae and get the travel letter

As long as gynae gjves the green light. I travelled to london on my 24th weeks. Did a transit at Doha which was after half the journey. Everything was good and compression stocking helped.

Super Mom

Yes it’s safe. Maybe can get memo for travel from doctor just in case the airline ask for it if your stomach is visible enough to tell you’re pregnant.

Yes I traveled to London and Paris when I was 4 months. Take frequent walks in the plane if you're going on a long flight to prevent deep vein thrombosis

Thành viên VIP

Yeap it's safe. Went on 7hrs flight. Just make sure your are comfortable throughout the flight. I brought 2 pillow one to sit on and another to hug :)

Hey, It is safe as long as you are comfortable travelling. Do take approval from gynae as well as ask the gynae what precautions to be taken if any

Can but confirm with Gynae. 2nd trimester onwards should be OK. We flew 7 hours last Dec, at 7 months; our gynae said enjoy the holiday😅

Thành viên VIP

It has been my wish to use maternity leave to travel but too overwhelmed when baby out and in a blink of eye, maternity ends.