8 Replies

I did not have epidural for both of my deliveries. I used breathing strategies (long breath and short breath management for different type of pain). If you do not wish to have epidural, you need to have a very strong determination and communicate your intention with your husband. For my 1st delivery, my husband kept asking me to take although I insisted not to. For my 2nd delivery, my husband knew my intention and he supported me thoroughly. I am lucky that both of my labor were short (3hours for 1st and 20mins for 2nd). However, if my labor is longer (more than 24 hours), I might opt for epidural. I used laughing gas only. The peak contractions pain actually very similar to the stomachache before diarrhea. After it went off, you will not feel pain and need to be ready for the next wave of contraction. So far, I used breathing strategies to distract myself from the pains as my energy all concentrated in the breathing.

VIP Member

I didn’t have anything at all for my 1st ( I was only 20 y/o back then). Water broke at 3-ish and gave birth at ~ 7 pm. No pain until the last 30 mins (which felt like forever)... my tolerance for pain is quite high but it was really painful; I cried silently until I was told it is time to push.

I didnt for my 1st . Labour was about 6 hrs . Its the last 1-2 hrs when contractions are very frequent thats pushes my limit. Follow the nurse q and breathing and bb pops. Doctor came, delivered and 'sew' me up all in 20 mins. 😁

VIP Member

I didn’t. I will still take epidural for my second one cause my pain tolerance is really low. Even though the first delivery, the epidural isn’t working (cause the last needle didn’t went thru, hence not effective)

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-2786)

I don't have contractions, only lower back pain. I had pethidine and laughing gas as pain relief for mine, and it turned out well. Baby was born within an hour of pushing (because I didn't know how to push at first)

thanks