To give pacifier or not

Currently my lo is 5mths old, he has a habit of sucking his hands in order to make himself fall asleep. Sometime even put the whole hands inside him mouth causing him to vomit out his milk. If we take his hands out he will start crying non stop. Even at home we carry him, shake him in cradle or pat him to sleep don’t works anymore. And now during daytime we will put him in infant care, the teacher told is he can’t sleep well during each of his nap, avg 15-30mins or maybe longest is 1hr (but night time he can sleep 8-10hrs). So the teacher suggest to us is to give him pacifier. And she said in future if he want to quit sucking hands is more difficult than quit sucking pacifier. For the past 5mths we have persist not to give pacifier and it seem like this time round we have no choice but to give pacifier. Anyone encounter similar situation? Or how do u deal with it? Thanks in advance. #1stimemom #firstbaby #pleasehelp

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Thanks all for the reply. Now I gave him pacifier only when he is sleeping and he will let go after he fall asleep. The teacher said he is not addicted to pacifier, just want to suck on something to sleep so no need to worried. 😌

we resisted too but pacifier is a lifesaver, it can help baby self soothe quickly. and it’s true, easier to quit pacifier as there’s a way to stop this (cut a hole in the pacifier and let them realise it’s no longer working)

my kid was same. She seems like addicted to her finger. But it was all gone, when she is older. A cute store for kindy things I wanna introduce you https://hotrabatte.com/shop/baby-sweets. Great stuff! Good price

How did you manage to give him pacifier? My LO is going to 6month old yet every time I give her pacifier she will cry very loud and I have bought different type of pacifier it still didn’t work…

my girl is already 3 but she still can't let go of her pacifier. tried many ways. nothing works.

I think you should give pacifier a try. It’s totally a life saver.