Drinking water

Hi all! Currently at 9weeks pregnant. Just wanted to ask those that has any experience... is it ok that I'm not consuming nearly as much water as I should? Per day maybe I drink only about 3-4cups max. But I do consume like soya bean milk or milk. Just that water makes me nausea so I'm not grabbing for it as much. Is this normal and is it ok?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I didnt drink as much in the earlier part of my 2nd trimester because i was busy wif work.. at wk 16 gynae says my fluid is low n not ideal to him. So kena hl for a month. Thats when i started drinking like 2.6 daily (now i stop drinking so much again 😂).. just had my 24 wks scan recently and thankfully it was ok. I rmb my gynae told me to avoid soya bean and milk because it might cause indigestion actually. Instead he told me to take soya beancurd.

Read more

any fluid (low sugar n no caffeine preferred) is fine as long u hit ur body min requirement. generally, I think it is better to drink more water, as ur body is going through alot of changes, water is as good as giving energy for ur body cells to do its work. be mindful of amniotic fluid level also (dehydration will cause a drop in level, it's not gd for u and baby), they all need water. Water is essential part of everything in ur body.

Read more
3y trước

thank you for your advice and information! I will try my best to get more water in me..

Since the start of my pregnancy, I always feel nausea when drinking water (even with just a sip!) But for the love for my baby, I everyday aim to drink 2 litres of water! At week 20 scan shows a healthy kicking baby! Mummies, I know is hard but is worth it. 😊

It is important to drink as baby needs fluid and liquid helps with amniotic fluid. Eat small but frequent meals. You can do this, mummy. My pregnancy was and is still super tough despite being at 20 weeks but its a wonderful journey. All the best, mummy 😊

3y trước

thank you so much for your encouragement !!

im at wk 12. i also didnt manage to drink as much plain water coz they are tasteless. so stressful to catch up with the expected intake .😅. but i guess its fine to top up with other fluid but i guess the recommended is still plain water😬

I guess it’s ok. I experience this too. Drinking too much fluid makes me nausea. So I try to eat a bit of water, 100 Plus and etc even now and then to remain hydrated. I’m week 11 now.

3y trước

relieved to hear I'm not alone! let's keep strong and try as best to be hydrated!

As long as you are having liquid. Water, soup, soy, or milk are ok! But remember to drink liquid, it helps with the amniotic fluid!