Is panadol cold relief safe for pregnancy? It has pseudoephedrine

Cold relief

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, it's totally understandable to have concerns about what medications are safe during pregnancy, especially when you're dealing with a cold. Panadol Cold Relief contains pseudoephedrine, which is generally not recommended during pregnancy because it can affect blood flow to the placenta and potentially harm the baby. It's always best to consult with your healthcare provider before taking any medication while pregnant. Now, when it comes to finding relief from a cold during pregnancy, there are some safer alternatives you can consider. First and foremost, plenty of rest and staying hydrated are key. You can also try using a saline nasal spray or a humidifier to ease congestion. Steam inhalation with a few drops of eucalyptus oil can also provide relief. And if you're looking for a natural option, ginger tea with honey can soothe a sore throat and help alleviate some cold symptoms. Remember, your health and the health of your baby are top priorities, so always consult with your healthcare provider before taking any medication or trying new remedies during pregnancy. They can provide personalized advice based on your specific situation. Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Better to go see your GP and they will prescribe you with the suitable medication that is safe for pregnancy. Get well soon! 🌻

Not recommended. I was prescribed with paracetamol and cetirizine for normal cold. Normal zyrtec is fine (not zyrtec-d).

Better consult a doctor and get pregnancy safe medicine! I was prescribed Cetirizine and Chlorpheniramine.

Better ask doc for safe medication. If im not wrong only normal panadol can use.

My gynae said only normal Panadol is acceptable

Influencer của TAP

better not

💕

💕