Bird Nest during pregnancy

Hi.. Just checking if any pregnant mummy took bird nest during pregnancy? If yes how frequent and start taking it at which week of pregnancy. Thks

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The only thing to be careful of is if either you or your spouse has a history of asthma. Gynae mentioned if either one has history of asthma, it’s okay to take bird’s nest but not too frequent as it could also cause the baby to have asthma too.

You can take at any point of time, solely up to you. Just remember to take everything in moderation 😊 I would stick to either once a week/2 weeks. (Go for those sold in TCM shop instead of instant bottled ones)

since start of 2nd trimester, my tcm give green light for me to take in moderation.. so I take twice in every 2 weeks.. planning to drink once a week in 3rd trimester until give birth

I started taking at second Tri, once a week. doctor recommended to not take those with added herbs (ginseng etc) at 35w onwards

I consumed every 2 weeks 1 bottle cause it can cause asthma. My massage aunty warned me about this.

Took it second trimester when my nausea subside. Once a week till give birth. Home cook.

My MIL cooked bird nest once every week from second trimester onwards

I took once a week. Start from second trimester

Recommend to take in trim 2