Can I eat durians during pregnancy?

Can I eat durian during pregnancy? Is it safe?

Can I eat durians during pregnancy?
71 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My current pregnancy has made me susceptible to cold easily. So durian was my to go to fruit when I was very cold. I only took like 3 seeds alternate days. Then my body heat returned. Anyway, I tested myself with Samgyetang and mutton. I was told not to eat mutton at all because it may cause high level of jaundice when the baby is born. As long as we eat in moderation, we will be okay. But if you want your baby to be not big size and yourself too, lessen your carbs. Because you have stored fats in the body. Drink more water. Let the baby feed on your storage fats.

Read more

Can eat but with moderate amount. Eat everyday 2 -3 pcs also can. Provided after your “trial” see what’s the post effect. Either you feel uncomfortable/uneasy feeling then you may consider not to take it at all. If you feel fine yet you still have to take it moderately. Cus every pregnant person has different levels/body systems. For me, i can eat more without those issues but better be careful (btw i took durian even on my 8w pregnancy) just take moderately okay.

Read more

i ate lotsa durian in my last trimester and it did helped to put on weight on my baby as my baby is on the small size side. Durian has tons of nutritional values and benefits which is both beneficial to baby and mummy. i think depends on individual body. Durian might be on the heaty side hence we should try to consume it moderately to avoid constipation and heatiness. Hence, only you know best of your own body condition.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

Durian is the best booster for baby weight but also a very dangerous fruits for the sugar level. Hence please monitor and control urself while having the durian. -so will not become heaty after having too much -will not have the risk getting diabetes - incase become mummies gaining weight from it (not what you take in, baby will gain weight from it, can be mummy is the one gaining weight from it)

Read more

In moderation is still key. Some mummies take it too frequently until the baby becomes too big for vaginal delivery. Durians are heaty too and may cause constipation but on the other hand it is also a fruit with many nutritional values. I remember my baby put on weight very quickly when I had durians frequently. Mummies with gestational diabetes should also not consume durians as it contains high sugar levels.

Read more

The king of fruits contains high levels of sugar & carbohydrates. Ate a lot during my first pregnancy and had no problem. My girl was also not too big in size. However during second pregnancy, I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes & durians are banned from my diet completely. No real known harmful effects of eating durians but it really dep on individual's health condition & seek your gynae's advice when unsure.

Read more

Personally, I love durians. I have never missed them even during pregnancy or confinement so long as the season is right. In fact, I ate lots of durians during pregnancy and luckily, I wasn't having any gestational diabetics. Usually, the advice would be to take in moderation and it should work out fine unless you are advised by your gynae not to take too sweet stuffs.

Read more

Yes, it is safe to eat durian when you're pregnant, as long as you don't overindulge. Research indicates there may even be benefits to eating durian, which contain organo-sulphur and tryptophan. These compounds have antioxidant effects. They also have antimicrobial, antibacterial and antifungal properties, which may benefit pregnancy.

Read more

I took durian almost every wk during first trimester as it was the durian season. After that still did but lesser. It's a bit heaty so u may not enjoy it that much in 3rd trimester. It's v nutrious but because if he sugar content it can up ur sugar a lot so drink lots of water and def don't eat it before Gyne check.

Read more
Thành viên VIP

its heaty and its sweet . So its might cause diabetes and have big baby . Durian will also makes you gain more weight . If baby is too small doctor will advise you to eat if its too big they will ask you not to eat. Make sure everything in moderation and drink more water after durian