Can I eat durians during pregnancy?

Can I eat durian during pregnancy? Is it safe?

Can I eat durians during pregnancy?
71 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My belief is taking everything in moderation. In fact, if you take durian every alternate day, it's actually good but just have to beware of the diabetic part. Durian is believed to be a very nutritious food. I had MSW every alternate days for my last 2 pregnancies and I'm loving it.

Read more

can eat.. but must limit.. when i was pregnant with my 3rd child on christmas night whicd is 33weeks+1day, i ate so much durian as im a durian lover... too much too heaty that i had preterm labour... but all goes well... gave birth the morning after christmas... now child is going 9y.o

Thành viên VIP

I ate durians during my third trimester. It helps to fatten up baby during the last stage. It isn't heaty as during pregnancy, our body is in the heaty stage. So no worries about it! If you feel too heaty, drink some coconut juice (only during third trim)

Read more

It's fine to eat Durian when pregnant. Like everything else, I would go with moderation is key. Don't overeat. Found this great article. Hope it helps you! http://sg.theasianparent.com/9-awesome-facts-about-durians-for-new-and-expectant-mothers%E2%80%A8/

Some chinese beliefs in 'heatiness' I find they are quite true. E.g. I took some cordycerps during 2nd pregnancy and baby end up very high jaundice (>400) compared to my first born. Thus, I would say take in moderation and not excessively.

I have no GD and ate durian once in my third trimester. After, baby put on 600g in a week. Doc said it's no good, will pose problem/ risk for virginal delivery. Unless baby is underweight, I would think it's better not to eat.

my friends said their docs advised them to eat durians esp when their babies weights are not optimal. and ice cream supposed helps too, but i'd take the "everything in moderation" approach!

Thành viên VIP

Yes of course in moderation but you will need to avoid it if you have GDM during pregnancy as it will spike up your blood glucose level and also can cause baby weight to increase a lot.

I hate durian for both my pregnancy and i loved it!!! Not sure if it was unhealthy but i did eat quite a bit. However, i believe you can compensate back with plenty of water.

Moderation is the key word. but for me. im a durian lover and always craving for it even during my pregnancy eat alot . so far so good. but my both kids dun like . lol.