Breastfeeding mummies: just wondering what marked the end of your journey and how it happened.. I've been pumping regularly and it's been 8 months since LO is on mixed feeding. My supply has been consistent for the past 3 months and does not seem to be dropping. I pump 5 times a day. While I'm open to continue giving bm as long as I can, I want to know if there are signs to show that one will stop producing bm. Did anyone try to stop your supply?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was an exclusive pumping mother. I stopped pumping when my daughter was 10months old. I do not have time to pump because me daughter was really clingy to me and I was the only person at home looking after her. So it came to a point that no matter how long i pumped , only manage to get 1 oz from each breast. It's not enough for my daughter so I gave up totally. My sister in law shared with me her method of stopping her supply. She dragged her time of pumping. Everyday she will delay pumping for 2hrs and gradually she will only pump alittle just to relieve her engorged breasts and finally she's able to stopped the supply. She told me she took about 10days to stop lactating.

Read more

A friend of mine stopped breastfeeding after 8 months because her job required her to travel a lot. Pumping and jetlag was just not a good fit anymore so she stopped. She weaned baby off gradually and would only pump when she felt uncomfortable, just enough to ease the engorgement. Within a month, she stopped lactating. I also read that you can seek doctor's advice regarding the use of hormones to stop lactating but it's probably best to naturally "tell" your body to stop.

Read more

my 10 month old baby suddenly stopped breastfeeding completely. i had very good supply and she was on breastmilk, but she was also eating a lot of other foods and all, so i think she gradually did not need to drink milk any more. she did start cow's milk very easily after that though.

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5162)