Milk supply just keeps doing down

My girl is 20 months. My milk supply has been going down since my period return 5 months back. Now I'm barely expressing about 60 to 80 ml per day (have to combine 3 days milk for 1 feed). Is this like a sign that I should stop breastfeeding? I am reluctant to end the journey cause this probably my last. But the yield is so pathetic that I dont know if I should still try to increase my yield. Anyone has such struggle?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mom

my girl is 18mo now. my yield has been at 80-90ml since 14months or so as well so i stopped pumping altogether and only let her latch when she's at home. other times we just give her fresh milk or uht milk or formula and some frozen ebm. i plan to let her self wean. you've done well! dont have to stop if you dont want to 🙂

Read more

When baby is growing up our milk supply is going down. Your baby is now taking food . her nutrition needs can take from food. If you need to give milk. You can try formula milk or fresh milk.

Your child nutrition comes from food now, not milk . Your breastmilk is just a supplement now. It’s your call whether you want to continue or not

Influencer của TAP

instead of pumping try to nurse baby your supply will slowly get back. I did try when my baby around 13 months from over supply to drying up.