In-laws blame me for my baby's disease...

My baby often falls ill. Whether it's fever, flu, cough, or sometimes vomiting... Before having a child, I learned a lot about baby health and how to handle unexpected situations like this. I was quite calm and prepared. But, my mother-in-law who lives with us always blames me. She says my breast milk is bad, of poor quality. She even wants to give my baby honey -- but of course I forbid it! And she blames me. She wants to give my baby coffee because she thinks it can prevent seizures due to fever. I once told my husband about this, but when he reprimanded her, my mother-in-law got angry and said I wasn't a good mother.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

you are such a great mom for standing firm on your boundaries on knowing what is safe for your baby! sometimes in the midst of protecting our children, we will make decisions that other people criticise us for. as long as you know that what you are doing is best for your child, all else doesnt matter. she can think whatever she wants of you, in reality, you're an amazing mother to your child and she is actually a bad relative to your child for endangering your baby by offering sugar and caffeine.... I'm so proud of you choosing to breast feed your baby! breast milk is always good, the antibodies and nutrients in breast milk is invincible! maybe she had a bad relationship with her mother-in-law and is doing it to you now...? whatever it is, keep holding onto your baby and do what you think is right to keep your baby safe! ❤️

Read more